5poundstyle.com(“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is 5poundstyle, a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 10673664, whose registered address is 72 Boston Road Leicester LE41HB.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at our website. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, communicate with suppliers, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We may use such information to improve our services by creating wish lists and recommending products that might be of interest to you or to publish customer reviews from time to time. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do all or any of the following: register to use our website, search for a product or supplier, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you may give us may include your name, email address, mailing address and phone number. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously and we will only collect personal information from users if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this instance we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to improve our customer service and our website as the information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
- to personalise your experience as we may use information collected to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and the relevant supplier to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to send periodic emails to those users on our mailing list with information on company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the user may contact us via our website;
- to notify you about changes to our service or the service of, or products available from, our suppliers; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time.
We will share your personal information and information about the orders that you place with the suppliers of the products showcased on our website (the “Suppliers”). The Suppliers may use your information in the same way as we use your information (as described in paragraph three above ‘Uses Made of the Information’).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them and/or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in LE4). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Third party service providers to help us operate our business, our website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for this purpose, provided you have given us your permission.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via our Contact Us page .
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content on these websites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by them. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and customer support policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please carefully check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
We currently use Google Analytics to collect statistics from our website to show us how our website is used by visitors.
The data is gathered to create reports and to help us to constantly update our website. All of the cookie information is in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
Name of cookie (How long does it stay on my machine?):
- __utma (2 years)
- __utmb (30 minutes)
- __utmc (until you close your browser)
- __utmz (6 months)
To find out more about Google Analytics, visit: www.google.co.uk/analytics. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/
It is essential that our website uses a session cookie for the website to function properly. By this point, the cookie will already have been set on your machine. You may delete and block all cookies from our website, but this may cause it to stop working properly.
Name of cookie (How long does it stay on my machine?)
PHPSESSID (20 minutes or until you close your browser)
- uit (2 years)
- uvc (2 years)
- psc (2 years)
- uid (2 years)
- __atuvc (2 years)
For more information about the cookie policies of the social media services we use, please see:
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Last updated: 19 MARCH 2017